Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Monday, July 20, 2009

A Garden of Wool Flowers

As you probably can tell from my frequent posts about my flowers and garden, I love flowers! I've been experimenting with some new flower designs using felted, or fulled, wool from repurposed sweaters. I wanted to take advantage of the different colors and textures of my ever growing collection of leftover wool pieces from other projects. I guess you could say I'm recycling my recycled wool!
Well here are the results - a garden of wool flowers, now listed in my Etsy shop.

I've created flowers representing a water lily, a zinnia, a dahlia and a peony. Here are the "details".

An orange zinnia, in merino wool

A spikey purple dahlia

and a soft peach water lily.


7 comments:

lori vliegen said...

i love all of your new flowers...but i must admit that i'm especially partial to that orange zinnia....it's really fabulous!! :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous colours! I like all of them, all over my jumpers, in my hair, everwhere Xx

Splendid Little Stars said...

They are all so pretty!

Cheryl Patterson said...

Thank you all! I'm so glad you like them. I've really enjoyed making them!

Beedeebabee said...

These are just so beautiful!!! :o)

Melissa Lisbon said...

Incredibly beautiful work! Your photos are amazing - I feel like I can reach out and touch your work :)

Pepper said...

These are stunning!!