Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Monday, July 27, 2009

Dinner, Fresh From the Garden

I will admit that our vegetable garden doesn't look so good right now. There are way too many weeds. And too much rain and cool temperatures here in Indiana, have left the tomato plants looking like they do in September - past their prime. But there are lots of ripe tomatoes, peppers, squash and herbs. So I would say that like so many other things in life, it's not the look that counts!

I went out to check the garden before deciding what to cook for dinner, and look at all the goodies I found! So tonight it's going to be fresh tomato sauce with meatballs over pasta, and sauteed zuchinni.

What's growing in your garden?

5 comments:

Melissa Lisbon said...

We have the opposite problem in California - no rain. That said, we have some really sweet Sun Gold cherry tomatoes that are like candy!

LRC said...

Hi! I'm a new follower, but I wanted to comment & say that this post makes me so anxious for my own fall/winter veggie gardens. My husband & I planted our seeds last week & we already have a bunch of great sprouts!

I love your photos as well!

monda-loves said...

My tomatoes are still very green - although I do have plenty of them! We don't have enough sun here in the UK. I hope they will turn out as lovely and as red as yours have :o)

Monda
x

Cheryl Patterson said...

It seems as though no matter where we live, we all have gardening challenges!

Anonymous said...

mmmmm they look lovely! I have tons of plums in the garden: so many that the branches are falling to the ground with the weight! We are having to chop the branches off! Plum jam soon Xx