Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Upcycled Home Decor

I'm always interest in seeing what other wool crafters are making with upcycled/recycled wool sweaters. While browsing Etsy recently, I was on the lookout for decorative home accessories made from recycled textiles. Here are a few of my favorite home decor items, all made from recycled sweaters, from other Etsy artists.


This wool winter blue quilt was made from upcycled wool sweaters. I love the pattern and color combination. Laurine, of Greenatheart, added a cotton backing, freeform stitching and bias binding to finish this as one would a more "traditional" quilt. In Laurine's words "This not just wool sewn together, it is in every meaning of the word a quilt." Beautiful!

These huggably soft balls in earth tones are great as accent pillows or soft toys for the little ones. They are made from assorted recycled sweaters and come as a set of three from Handmadepretties.


This thick, colorful rug was woven from recycled wool sweaters! Fiveforty has a great selection of these one-of-a-kind rag rugs in a gorgeous array of colors and various sizes. I imagine these would feel wonderful underfoot.

I love the modern design of PLYtextiles geometric pattern pillows. This is the Grid Tiles Felt Pillow. They are made from recycled wool sweaters with a fabulous attention to detail.

All these artists used recycled textiles to make these one-0f-a-kind home accents.

10 comments:

2 Virgos Designs said...

beautiful work!

SarahBeth said...

I love the felted sweater look! All of your selections are fabulous -- I am particularly liking the braided rug and the soft balls.

Pegg said...

Cheryl, thanks so much for including my handwoven rug in your post. I am honoured to have my amongst all the fabulous work, I do love recycling textile!

Annie @ Wattlebird said...

Everything looks so cozy!

Melissa Lisbon said...

Great collection - I especially love the woven rug. That must have taken a lot of sweaters!

KaHolly said...

I'm so glad I stopped by for a visit today. Love all the shops you reviewed today. I am always so amazed at everyone's creativity and imagination. I now look at recycling through new eyes! Can't wait to "catch up" and peruse your archived posts. I've been out of the loop for too long, but have a computer, now, so I'll be back!! Hope you are having a great weekend. ~karen

Unknown said...

wow, talk about some beautiful recycled goods!

dining sets said...

I think this Decor is one of the best. This home decor is so nice and it is a big help for everyone. I will going to share this blog to all my friends.

Dining Tables Gal said...

Great collection of beautiful works! I made like that at home. We own a Dining Table ecommerce site and are always looking for great content to help inspire. Thanks.

oval mirrors Gal said...

How artistic you are. I want to be like you. ~ Wall Mirrors